Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Purple Pages

Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Top 5 Social Media Apps

Ranking staff’s favorite apps

Most high school students today, if permitted by their parents, have some form of social media. Whether you use it for communication, keeping up with family, or bragging about your life, we all have our posting preferences. Even our school has a social media account, and so do many clubs and organizations (PSST- follow us on Instagram @inspirepurplepages). Regardless if you post or not, surely you’ve heard of at least a few of these not-so simple social softwares.

5. X (formerly Twitter)Twitter Goes Dark and Launches New Logo 'X'

Due to censorship and unprecedented account bans, as well as being now subscription based, its no surprise that X ranks lowest on our list. One could argue that Twitter deserves a ranking of #3 or #4, but after being bought by Elon Musk, its become almost impossible to read anything credible on X. It mainstream and better than some other social platforms though, so it still gets a place on our list.

Snapchat (@Snapchat) / X4. Snapchat

Snapchat ranking low may come as a surprise to some, but its ranking is well deserved. From having “snaps” vanish as soon as you see them, to chats vanishing within 24 hours, its a recipe for cyberbullying disaster. Snapchat lets the other user know if you screenshot, and has a poor reporting system. The only good thing about it is the dog filter.

Reddit - Wikipedia

3. Reddit

I know what you’re thinking. WHY is Reddit on this list? Let me argue my case. Most things on Reddit are informational. Phone broke? r/cellphonerepair. Girlfriend dumped you? r/datingadvice. Am I the bad guy? r/aita. There is a niche subreddit for every single problem you could think of. While there may be some stigma around it, Reddit can be a great tool for getting you out of a jam.

TikTok - Make Your Day

2. Tiktok

Some may be upset Tiktok is #2, but I believe it has gone downhill since 2020. Other apps can do the same thing and give relatively similar content. Yes Instagram Reels is a few months behind on the trends, but good things happen to those who wait. Also, what is the STEM tab?

Instagram - Wikipedia

1. Instagram

Yes, Instagram is first. Instagram is a sandwich of all good features on social media. They’ve got stories, posts, short videos, and tools for businesses and creators. Instagram may be basic, but sometimes what’s popular is popular for a reason. Follow us on Instagram @inspirepurplepages

How many of these do you have installed on your phone? Let us know below. And as with all social media, please remember to be kind to yourself and others.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Tumblr
Linkedin