Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Purple Pages

Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

A bike path off of the Skyway, part of the intended Valleys Edge development.
To the Edge Of the Valley
Margareta Grant-Dreher, Reporter • April 15, 2024

Valley’s Edge is a 1,448 acreage housing development that encompasses about 13 miles of land from East 20th street to the Honey Run area. The...

Jaxon Strausbaugh (9), Morgen Resier (10), Zeno Beutenmueller (12), Shania Ruggenberg (11), Quinn Anderson (12), and Zander Renzi (12) working on a photo.
Best year yet for SkillsUSA
Andres Coronel, Comic Artist • February 26, 2024

With the 2024 SkillsUSA Regionals competition coming to a close, results have been revealed for the next batch of State Competitors. This competition...

The boarded up parking lot of the old downtown 7-11 building
Safe Space Shut Down
Elliott Herlihy, Graphic Designer • February 19, 2024

In Chico, there is a clear and present issue with the amount of people that are unsheltered, and oftentimes living on the streets. There are...

Snapshot from security footage during the incident.
Altercation leads to alleged stabbing downtown
Julian Manning, Editor • February 13, 2024

On Wednesday, January 31, at approximately 12:11 PM, an altercation between several Chico High and Inspire students escalated into a stabbing...

Alyssa Christensen (10), Rylee Culter (10), Lily Massa (12), and parent helper Raquel Karach all painting a background for anything goes.
Behind the Anything Goes! curtain
Lilah White, Writer • February 13, 2024

Many naturally crave to see and create arts and theatricals. People star in everything from movies to common high school plays. Many commonly...

Staff Recruitment

A New Horizon

Due to Mr. Tadeo’s passing, we needed someone to bring us to the year’s close
Julian Manning
A rainbow shines over the Inspire campus.

With the passing of our beloved teacher and friend, Steven Tadeo, many of us grieve at our own pace as we return to normalcy. We understand that it will be hard going forward. However with the end of the year approaching fast, we are in need of someone to carry us to the finish.

As a community, we’d like to introduce our new World History/Study Hall teacher and Inspire Alumni, Cesar Mojica. Mojica was a former student who was part of the Inspire Orchestra, and helping around the stage, he graduated in 2014. Mojica went on and graduated from University of Nevada Reno in 2018, later gaining a Teaching credential in 2022.

“Working with young people has been what I’ve done all my life.” Mojica comments. Before teaching, Mojica worked with Museum Education. Coming to Inspire, Mr. Mojica is excited to see the Inspire performances due to his previous involvement in them as well as learn more about the students here.

“I want to know why people are, I don’t like to assume why people are. I want everyone that I know and encounter to do well, to succeed.” Mojica shares.

Outside of school, Mojica is looking forward to biking, going to local events again, and overall just being back in the community of Inspire and Chico as a whole.