Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Purple Pages

Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

A bike path off of the Skyway, part of the intended Valleys Edge development.
To the Edge Of the Valley
Margareta Grant-Dreher, Reporter • April 15, 2024

Valley’s Edge is a 1,448 acreage housing development that encompasses about 13 miles of land from East 20th street to the Honey Run area. The...

Jaxon Strausbaugh (9), Morgen Resier (10), Zeno Beutenmueller (12), Shania Ruggenberg (11), Quinn Anderson (12), and Zander Renzi (12) working on a photo.
Best year yet for SkillsUSA
Andres Coronel, Comic Artist • February 26, 2024

With the 2024 SkillsUSA Regionals competition coming to a close, results have been revealed for the next batch of State Competitors. This competition...

The boarded up parking lot of the old downtown 7-11 building
Safe Space Shut Down
Elliott Herlihy, Graphic Designer • February 19, 2024

In Chico, there is a clear and present issue with the amount of people that are unsheltered, and oftentimes living on the streets. There are...

Snapshot from security footage during the incident.
Altercation leads to alleged stabbing downtown
Julian Manning, Editor • February 13, 2024

On Wednesday, January 31, at approximately 12:11 PM, an altercation between several Chico High and Inspire students escalated into a stabbing...

Alyssa Christensen (10), Rylee Culter (10), Lily Massa (12), and parent helper Raquel Karach all painting a background for anything goes.
Behind the Anything Goes! curtain
Lilah White, Writer • February 13, 2024

Many naturally crave to see and create arts and theatricals. People star in everything from movies to common high school plays. Many commonly...

Staff Recruitment

Teeing Off: A start to the season

We talked with the Inspire Golf Team in preparation for their first match

The moment where you’ve been preparing for something, yet when it comes to the day of, it can be scary is familiar to most. After weeks of preparation, the Inspire Golf Team has entered the golf season. On Thursday March 23rd, 2023 the first match, hosted by Las Plumas, will take place.

We talked to the coach Sharon DeMeyer about the preparation.

“We have had a lot of rain this season which has caused us to cancel quite a few practices, but the weather has affected the other teams as well, so we should be on a pretty even playing field, so to speak.”

Despite these setbacks, the players set their minds on the games ahead.

“I feel nervous but excited. I’m nervous because I have barely any experience with golf but I’m excited to see how well I can do.” Andres Coronel (11).

We also see how golfers who have played for years feel regarding the season.

“I feel more confident in my abilities than when I started.” Solomon Perillo (11).

Even in the face of troubles such as the weather, the Inspire Golf Team prepares to take off in their first match. They are fired up for the upcoming season and are ready for what’s coming at them.