Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Purple Pages

Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Classroom to Caregivers
Classroom to Caregivers
Lochlin Bly, Wirter • May 6, 2024

Inspire School of Arts and Sciences once again showcases its students’ strong aptitude and continuous high achievements with three of our students...

Image of the purple pages team. Far left, Mr.Peek. On his right, KK Khant. On their right, Vivian Conery. On their right, Nylo Drummand. On their right, Phoebe Parks.
Fun at The Faire!
Margareta Grant-Dreher, Reporter • April 29, 2024

Last saturday, On April 20th, the city Chico gathered together for an Earth Day celebration at the endangered species faire. This event usually...

A bike path off of the Skyway, part of the intended Valleys Edge development.
To the Edge Of the Valley
Margareta Grant-Dreher, Reporter • April 15, 2024

Valley’s Edge is a 1,448 acreage housing development that encompasses about 13 miles of land from East 20th street to the Honey Run area. The...

Jaxon Strausbaugh (9), Morgen Resier (10), Zeno Beutenmueller (12), Shania Ruggenberg (11), Quinn Anderson (12), and Zander Renzi (12) working on a photo.
Best year yet for SkillsUSA
Andres Coronel, Comic Artist • February 26, 2024

With the 2024 SkillsUSA Regionals competition coming to a close, results have been revealed for the next batch of State Competitors. This competition...

The boarded up parking lot of the old downtown 7-11 building
Safe Space Shut Down
Elliott Herlihy, Graphic Designer • February 19, 2024

In Chico, there is a clear and present issue with the amount of people that are unsheltered, and oftentimes living on the streets. There are...

Staff Recruitment

Cast Your Vote

A look into how the student body feels about ASB Elections

Every March, Inspire is filled with a buzz about the upcoming ASB election. Whether it be excitement about who will run for president, nervousness for an election campaign, or admiration for those who run, school spirit is strong in early spring.

No school is perfect. Someone will always want a change, have a new idea, not like something. A student election is the perfect way to get those changes implemented. Whether you want to inspire change through running, or through voting, elections are the time and place to have your voice heard.

Phoebe Parks (9) describes her perfect candidate. “I would like to see someone who is strong and confident in who they are and isn’t afraid to stand up for themselves and what they want to see in the school and anything else. I would also like more spirit days.”

But the perfect candidate may look different for different students. Some may want it one way, and other students another way.

Lukas Coker (10) expresses a student that he would vote for. “What I want to see in a future candidate is someone who is a strong leader and has feasible goals that can be reasonably accomplished.”

The school spirit can be felt around Inspire. Sentiments on elections are shared during passing periods and downtime in class. Elections are the time to use your voice. Even if you believe that your ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t align with someone who is running, don’t forget to vote!