Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Purple Pages

Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

A bike path off of the Skyway, part of the intended Valleys Edge development.
To the Edge Of the Valley
Margareta Grant-Dreher, Reporter • April 15, 2024

Valley’s Edge is a 1,448 acreage housing development that encompasses about 13 miles of land from East 20th street to the Honey Run area. The...

Jaxon Strausbaugh (9), Morgen Resier (10), Zeno Beutenmueller (12), Shania Ruggenberg (11), Quinn Anderson (12), and Zander Renzi (12) working on a photo.
Best year yet for SkillsUSA
Andres Coronel, Comic Artist • February 26, 2024

With the 2024 SkillsUSA Regionals competition coming to a close, results have been revealed for the next batch of State Competitors. This competition...

The boarded up parking lot of the old downtown 7-11 building
Safe Space Shut Down
Elliott Herlihy, Graphic Designer • February 19, 2024

In Chico, there is a clear and present issue with the amount of people that are unsheltered, and oftentimes living on the streets. There are...

Snapshot from security footage during the incident.
Altercation leads to alleged stabbing downtown
Julian Manning, Editor • February 13, 2024

On Wednesday, January 31, at approximately 12:11 PM, an altercation between several Chico High and Inspire students escalated into a stabbing...

Alyssa Christensen (10), Rylee Culter (10), Lily Massa (12), and parent helper Raquel Karach all painting a background for anything goes.
Behind the Anything Goes! curtain
Lilah White, Writer • February 13, 2024

Many naturally crave to see and create arts and theatricals. People star in everything from movies to common high school plays. Many commonly...

Staff Recruitment

An Exuberant Return

Tips on returning back to a normal school routine

Breaks are uniting, calming, and freeing. The chilly winter air swam its way through all of us, bringing us to a peaceful hibernation in bed. Now, we all stand by each other as we return to curate a school semester that will leave us feeling rejuvenated and academically prepared for the school years ahead, or the futures that wait beyond for our current Class of `23.

Returning to an academic environment can feel difficult, but it is important to remember that we are all facing it together. Something you can do to make yourself feel more prepared for the school semester is to declutter your backpack and study environment. Getting rid of clutter from last semesters that you no longer need, as well as keeping a tidy study environment at home, is a vital part of maintaining academic success.

The American College of Healthcare Sciences states that attempting to study in your bed is often unsuccessful, and to have a sacred and dedicated space to study at home will make it much easier for you to get down to it.

Molding your study spaces to fit your needs is essential. Lighting candles of your favorite scents (citrus scents are especially good at boosting productivity, according to TheHealthSite), playing your favorite music (classical or lo-fi is a good study option), or even surrounding yourself with energizing crystals (quartz and citrine!) can put you into the right mindset to get down to work. Let’s all work together to make 2023 our most productive year yet!