A Glimmering Gala

Aspiring and current Inspire students gather for the annual Gala, reflecting on their experiences
Cast of Mamma Mia! Finishes their number.
Picasa

Last week on January 14th, Inspire held its 13th annual school-wide gala. With what some believe is our most popular event yet, it drew in many future students and caught the eyes of current scholars. While it was a success across the school, it wouldn’t have happened without hard work.

We asked 8th grade students at Gala, how has the Gala affected your ideas of enrolling to Inspire?

Aislin Rhonek (8) said, “It’s been really interesting so far and there seems to be a lot of opportunities.”

Some people knew about Inspire previously, and the Gala left them with even more positive opinions.

Kiki Kruegar (8) reflected, “I always thought Inspire was pretty cool, and this just made it more cool.”

Video Club members Zander Renzi (11) and Lucas Bravo (10) show off their booth. (Picasa)

The love for Inspire not only came from the heart of those who are not enrolled in Inspire but from those who were as well. Some enjoyed the booths featured at the Gala such as video club and robotics club.

“The robotics one was pretty cool, they shot frisbees out of a robot!” Noah Furgunson (11) exclaimed.

But Gala’s success came with hard work from those who helped make it happen. Without the help of performers and those who planned it, it wouldn’t have been as much of a sensation as it was.

Piper Hanawalt (12), explains her biggest problems while being a performer, “Definitely just coordination and multitasking, I am working front of house and in the show, and my biggest issue has been figuring out how to balance that.”

Bliss Koselski (10) preforms a song with gusto.

Cory Richman (11), a student at Inspire, explains their difficulties as a choir performer at Gala. “Memorizing the Spanish song was really difficult for me and a lot of other choir kids just because it was completely in Spanish and we didn’t have sheet music.”

Gala’s success was a group effort and was a great showcase of Inspire’s skilled students and determination. With the combination of students working together to make it happen, and the creative thinking that went into it, Gala leaves everyone in excitement for next semester