Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Purple Pages

Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

A bike path off of the Skyway, part of the intended Valleys Edge development.
To the Edge Of the Valley
Margareta Grant-Dreher, Reporter • April 15, 2024

Valley’s Edge is a 1,448 acreage housing development that encompasses about 13 miles of land from East 20th street to the Honey Run area. The...

Jaxon Strausbaugh (9), Morgen Resier (10), Zeno Beutenmueller (12), Shania Ruggenberg (11), Quinn Anderson (12), and Zander Renzi (12) working on a photo.
Best year yet for SkillsUSA
Andres Coronel, Comic Artist • February 26, 2024

With the 2024 SkillsUSA Regionals competition coming to a close, results have been revealed for the next batch of State Competitors. This competition...

The boarded up parking lot of the old downtown 7-11 building
Safe Space Shut Down
Elliott Herlihy, Graphic Designer • February 19, 2024

In Chico, there is a clear and present issue with the amount of people that are unsheltered, and oftentimes living on the streets. There are...

Snapshot from security footage during the incident.
Altercation leads to alleged stabbing downtown
Julian Manning, Editor • February 13, 2024

On Wednesday, January 31, at approximately 12:11 PM, an altercation between several Chico High and Inspire students escalated into a stabbing...

Alyssa Christensen (10), Rylee Culter (10), Lily Massa (12), and parent helper Raquel Karach all painting a background for anything goes.
Behind the Anything Goes! curtain
Lilah White, Writer • February 13, 2024

Many naturally crave to see and create arts and theatricals. People star in everything from movies to common high school plays. Many commonly...

Staff Recruitment

Purple Pages Prepares for Print

Club members push to publish their first issue

After many months of work from our staff, Purple Pages is finally printing our premier issue. We interviewed former Vice President Hazel Roy (10) about their experience last year.

“I love the idea of starting a newspaper for the school, and was eager to start. ”

But starting was more difficult than we anticipated, with finding a place to print proving painful. 

“We contacted all magazines in Chico to ask how they printed, and when that failed we looked online to find a place to print.”

Procuring a place to print wasn’t our only problem. To fund the printing of the paper for this year would be around $5000. Staff members spent their Fridays after school researching alternative printing prices to no avail. Some staff even worked over the summer, seeking donations to fund this printing project. This year, with a larger team, we predict we will find a more permanent solution to our printing problem. For now, Purple Pages is printed on campus.

We are so pleased it’s finally possible for you to pick up this printed Purple Pages publication.