Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Purple Pages

Inspire News: By Students, For Students

Purple Pages

Top Five Inspire Doors

A list of students’ top five favorite doors

One of the most unique aspects of Inspire is, without a doubt, our doors. As a symbol of student culture and values, they truly add a sense of creativity to our campus. It’s obvious the amount of dedication, on the part of the student artists, that has gone into creating the doors. There is no shortage of talent, either. However, almost everyone has a favorite door (myself included). Therefore, the time has come to create a list of the top five Inspire doors. They are as follows:

5. DLT’s door

The door for DLT’s classroom is an example of incredible artistry, and accurately represents the history classroom. Also, the historical figures were drawn with amazing precision. That being said, it does not stand out quite as much as the others.

4. Gunderson’s door

The door for Mr. Gunderson’s classroom is in the top five for a reason. It has a mix of images related to science and engineering, which I find to be rather enjoyable. Not to mention, the detail on the person’s muscles is seriously impressive. Additionally , it’s pleasant to look at and quite beautiful.

3. Mr. White’s door

The door for Mr.White’s classroom is a wonderful mix of abstract and realistic art. The artist incorporates a few instruments that all appear to be in harmony. Additionally, all the different colors blend together very well, specifically with the blue and black background. 

2.Ms. Smith’s door

Ms. Smith’s door scores “points” in many areas. Foremost, Frida Khalo, Van Gogh, and Picasso were all painted with care. You can tell that the artist paid attention to the individual personalities of each artist. Secondly, Picaso is cleverly  painted reaching out of the door to “paint something.” This adds a unique quality to the  door that sets it apart from mosr. Lastly, the artist uses shadow/shading to really bring each image to life.

1.Kelly’s door

In the number one spot, we have Kelly’s door. Many, including myself, believe that it is the school favorite, and for good reason. The gorgeous purples and blues add a mystical quality to this painting that almost immediately transport you to the realm of fantasy. There are multiple different stories being told, yet all the images are cohesive. rather than chaotic. Finally, everything was painted with such precision that leaves you astonished at the artist’s sheer talent.

So the top five list draws to a close. Leave a comment to contribute to this discussion, and share your thoughts on the top five doors at Inspire.